- Dean’s Office
- Department of Biology and Ecology
- Department of Environmental Management
- Department of Physics
- Department of Geography and Geology
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Technology
- Study programs
- International cooperation
Notify International Relation Office about your interest to study at the Faculty of Natural Sciences Matej Bel University half a year before your arrival (firstname.lastname@example.org).
When you are nominated by your university as an Erasmus student, please fill the enclosed
- Application Form
- Learning Agreement and send them either to International Relation Office
- Accomodation - the application which serves as an application for accommodation at our Halls of Residence;
- Transcript of Records (courses passed in home institution)
These documents send in time to: Mgr. Viera Pavlovičová (email@example.com), International Officer, Tajovskeho 40, 974 01 Banska Bystrica, Slovakia
Deadline for submissions
- for winter semester: JUN 15
- for summer semester: NOVEMBER 15
Departmental Erasmus Coordinators:
Department of Biology and Ecology: RNDr. Ingrid Turisová, PhD. firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Physics: Mgr. Boris Tomášik, PhD. email@example.com
Department of Geography and Geology: RNDr. Tatiana Mintálová, PhD. firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Chemistry: Mgr. Barbora Tirčová, PhD. email@example.com
Department of Computer Science: Ing. Dana Horváthová, PhD. firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Mathematics: RNDr. Matus Dirbak, Phd. Matus.Dirbak@umb.sk
Department of Technology: Ing. Petra Kvasnová, PhD. email@example.com
Department of Environmental Management: Ing. Katarína Trnková, PhD. firstname.lastname@example.org
Visa and residence permit
- Nationals of the European Union, the European Economic Area and Switzerland do not need visa for entering Slovakia. They should register at the appropriate foreign police office within 10 days after their arrival to Slovakia.
- Nationals of other countries should contact the nearest Slovak Embassy in order to get information about visa and residence permeit for temporary stay.
We would like to draw your attention to the fact, that residence permits for foreigners coming to Slovakia for carrying out activities in the framework of specific programmes (study, research, scientific, lecturer activities, or if it follows from the government programmes of the Slovak Republic; § 22 of the Act no. 558/2005, amending Act No. 48/2002) are being issued under more fabourable conditions. These nationals should register at the appropriate foreign police office within 3 day after their arrival to Slovakia.
- Nationals of the European Union, the European Economic Area and Switzerland should obtain the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) from the health insurance institution to which they are affiliated before their arrival to Slovakia.
- We recommend to nationals of other countries to get their health insurance valid for their entire stay in Slovakia before their arrival to Slovakia.
- Flights to Vienna (Austria). It is only 60 km from Bratislava. From the Schwechat airport there is a regular bus service to Bratislava (bus station).
- Flights from Prague to Bratislava's M.R. Stefanik Airport with the Czech Airlines.
The easiest way from the airport in Bratislava to the bus or railway station is to take a shuttle bus or a taxi. The charge is cca 7 €/person by taxi to the bus station or railway station. Banská Bystrica is about 206 km from Bratislava. Take a coach from the Autobus Station NIVY (cca 7 €, it takes 3.5 to 4,5 hours) or the IC train (cca 9 €); it takes about 3 hours) - https://www.regiojet.com. Please announce the date, time and place of your arrival in advance.
- Arrival in Slovakia and Banská Bystrica, accommodation of student
- Informative meeting with international relations officer
- You will need two photos (3x3,5 cm) for accomodation (a detailed photo of the face)
- Personal visit of foreign police and registration office, completing materials for the stay in Slovakia (compulsory over 90 days of stay)
- Detailed information about study and time schedule of lectures
Within the duration of your study stay:
- International students can visit International Relations Offices during opening hours or by arrangements made by e-mail.
- International students can visit university library.
- International students usually have a tutor who helps them to plan their academic programs (Erasmus+ buddy system)
Foreign students can stay at the following University residence hall:
The residence halls provide single or double study bedrooms. Two bedrooms are connected by a shared facility which includes shower, toilet, two washbasins and wardrobes. Some of the shared facilities have a fridge. Study bedrooms are equipped with beds, bedside tables, bookshelves and desks with spotlights. Each floor has a shared kitchen with two electric cookers.
Each floor has a cleaning lady who takes away rubbish and once a week wipes off floors. Bedding to go with your bed consists of a pillow, a duvet and bed lining (pillow case, duvet case, bed sheet). Clean bed lining is provided once a month. It is possible to get a blanket for a cca 1,7 € deposit per year. Laundry service is provided at Tajovského 51, at cca 2,50 € for 5 kg.
The monthly accommodation fee ranges from 49,79 € to 56,43 € per month and you pay the fee for the period of stay in advance.
In the halls there are student cafeterias. They are open for lunch (soup and main course) with three daily choices, one of them vegetarian. You buy vouchers per 1,52 € in advance. For lunch you stamp your choice on a voucher a day ahead. Lunches are served from Monday - Friday: 11.00 - 14.00.
In the halls there is a shared kitchen on each floor where you can cook for yourself.
Sports Facilities Leisure & Student Organisations
Many activities are available: volleyball, basketball, aerobics, exercise in the fitness centre, swimming pool, tennis, karate in the Club of University Sports for All at ŠK Matej Bel University. Other sport activities are available in the surrounding area.
In the town, many caffeteries are available. In Banska Bystrica you will find the British Council, The Alliance Français, the opera house, the Puppet Theater, and a few cinemas.
Students may participate in common students' organisations, such as folk dancing, folk singing, Academic mixed choir of Ján Cikker, The Mixed Choir Mladosť or group Živé kamene ("Living stones").
Some faculties have student parliaments. There are some organisations representing specific countries such as:
- Euro-Atlantic Centre (by Faculty of Political sciences and International Affairs)
- European Academy (by Faculty of Political sciences and International Affairs)
- FPOLIT - France and French speaking countries (by Faculty of Political sciences and International Affairs)
- VYCHPOLIT - orientation of Eastern countries (by Faculty of Political sciences and International Affairs)
There are also specific student organisation with subject of study like:
- AIESEC (at Faculty of Economics and Faculty of Finance)
- ELSA - European Law Student Association (at Faculty of Law)
- Amnesty International and Street Law (by Faculty of Law).
If you are a full-time student or teacher, or if you are under 26, there are many discounts and special arrangements available to you at home and when you travel. Recognised in over 100 countries, an international identity card can prove you belong to one of these special groups anywhere you go. This way you can easily take advantage of the many benefits that have been specially negotiated just for you! So now you'll be able to do much more for less. http://www.istc.org/sisp/index.htm
International Student Identity Card (ISIC)
If you are a full-time student of any age (well at least 12) then this is the card for you.
International Youth Travel Card (IYTC)
Not in school full-time but under 26? Then this is the card for you.
International Teacher Identity Card (ITIC)
This card is available to any teacher or professor who works full-time at a recognized educational establishment.